Please arrive at our Spring Hill venue no later than 6:50pm if you can. Covid health and safe distancing measures apply as per government regulations.
Our in-person Thursday evening meditation sessions are also accessible through Zoom and linked with the daily Moonlight Zazen event.
The Thursday program consists of 3 x 25 minutes of meditation, interspersed by 5 minutes walking meditation.
If you wish to join this group online, please click on the Zoom link below by 6:55 pm.
For newcomers: We offer a basic in-person introduction to Zen practice at Spring Hill every Thursday in a separate room. There is no need to register. Just turn up at the venue by 6:50 pm if you can.
If joining via Zoom, here is the link:
Meeting ID: 850 2986 5919
Chant and recitation sheet for Thursday Evenings:
Start of practice:
The Ten Precepts:
- A follower of the way does not kill, but rather cultivates and encourages life.
- A follower of the way does not take what is not given, but rather cultivates and encourages generosity.
- A follower of the way does not misuse sexuality, but rather cultivates and encourages open and honest relationships
- A follower of the way does not lie, but rather cultivates and encourages truthful communication.
- A follower of the way does not intoxicate self or others, but rather cultivates and encourages clarity.
- A follower of the way does not slander others, but rather cultivates and encourages respectful speech.
- A follower of the way neither extols self nor demeans others but rather cultivates awareness of the interdependent nature of self.
- A follower of the way does not attach to anything, even the teaching, but rather cultivates mutual support and shares the dharma with all beings.
- A follower of the way does not harbor ill-will, but rather cultivates and encourages lovingkindness, understanding and forgiveness.
- A follower of the way does not turn away from the Three Refuges, but rather cultivates and encourages taking refuge in them.
All the wrong ever created by me since of old
On account of my beginingless greed, ill will and ignorance
Born of my conduct, speech and thought
I now confess and repent of it all
At the end of practice period:
The vow of Humankind
Calm and composed, let us awaken to our True Self, make full use of our abilities according to our respective vocations.
Discern suffering, both individual and social and its sources.
Recognise the right direction in which history should proceed, joining hands as kin, beyond the differences of race, nation and class
Let us with compassion, vow to bring to realisation our deep desire for emancipation and construct a world in which all can live truly and fully.
Four Great Vows x 3
Living beings are numberless
I vow to free them
Delusions are inexhaustible
I vow to end them
The teachings are boundless
I vow to master them
The Awakened way is unsurpassable
I vow to embody it fully…
Followed by Sampai (3 prostrations)